Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Startup of Interest: GrabInbox

With Ping.fm transitioning to a paid version courtesy of Seesmic, I was on the lookout for another service providing functionality similar to it. Then, at some point, I signed up for Buffer (though I haven't used it too much yet) to schedule my social submissions. Looks like now I found an app that does both: GrabInbox.

It has the big guys set up to go (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter). I'm just testing it out with Twitter for now.


 Based on my timezone (India), it figures out the best time to tweet. Why is it that websites and apps think GMT+5:30 is Kolkota? We *have* other cities.


Here's my Twitter account as seen in GrabInbox:

Other Goodies:
  • Baked-in Analytics
  • Bookmarkets & Chrome Plugin



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing us here! We are aware there are other cities but the same applies to a lot of other countries. We realized the list kept getting longer and hence decided to keep one city to represent the same timezone in that country :)

    Our Android app for posting to multiple networks is under development and we hope to release it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nischal,

      I use grabinbox lot and I just love it. I can tweet without being on twitter and on all my accounts.. Other sites are charging a "Money" for it and you're providing this without any charges. The other thing which I like is you allow simple text file and we don't have bother creating csv files. The only place of improvement I found is "Uploading those files".. There should be a provision of adding a file with a lot of tweets say 3000-4000 so that we can relax for 4-5 days. Currently uploading takes time even in lightening fast internet connection

      Delete