Sunday, April 15, 2012

Calls to Inaction by Example: Leanpub and Greenpeace

Sometimes, everyone should write a really good call to inaction: copy that persuades you not to do something that is brought to your attention just before you're about to act.

Greenpeace wants me to remain on their email list. Their unsubscribe link says "Stop receiving messages on how you can save the planet". What it makes me think: Unsubscribe? What's next? kicking puppies??! I'll stay on the list.

*mission accomplished*



Leanpub wants me to publish my book. Their book delete button says "Delete my book forever, causing the world to suffer an irreparable artistic loss". What it makes me think: my book is important. It can change the world. Stick in there. You'll make it. By the way, leanpub, you're funny.

*mission accomplished*.


Do you have a good call to inaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment